Monday, November 29, 2010

Some Questions For You, The Reader

There's this recurring question, "what is political science good for?" Between that and a conversation I had with members of a writer's group, to which I belong, got me interested in how the public views (political) science and how that compares with how (political) scientists view it.


I have a hunch that some of the things people in general would like to know about politics already have answers, but that in other places, there's a genuine mismatch.

To try to find out, I'd like to start by asking you, the reader, what you think. Please consider answering one or more of the following questions, either in the comments, or by contacting me via other means.

1) When you think of political science, what do you think of?
2) What questions about politics would you like to know the answers to?
3) What questions about politics do you think political science can or should answer?

Also, feel free to give me general thoughts on political science. I am also interested in your thoughts on science. By the way, if you are a (political) scientist, please identify yourself as such, so that I can sort through what will no doubt be millions of responses.